23 August 2009

Mommy-daughter weekend

Last weekend I was out of town with my girls, having a relaxing weekend of scrapbooking, tubing and gem mining in the mountains. Randy was on his own with G, and I think they had a pretty good weekend.
This weekend it was MY turn to stay home, as Randy had his Fantasy Football draft in the mountains with his buddies. Gracie and I had a lovely time! We went to eat at Chick-fil-A on Friday for dinner, and G got to play in their playground. She had a blast, and had no fear climbing up all the tubes to find the slide. Saturday we did some shopping, and ate at Panera (which was a bit of a fiasco, but we lived), took a long nap, and ate dinner at Champa. She was SO good at Champa, and ate some Tom Kha soup, some cucumber from my Kanisu roll and some crab rangoon. Today we chilled out at home this morning, took a nap (see the pattern?), ate lunch at Applebee's and did some Target shopping. Randy got home late this afternoon, and we're glad he's home. All in all a nice weekend!
I'm happy to report that G is eating even better now. She'll eat some of the Gerber toddler meals, peas, tomatoes (sometimes), corn, and now even loves broccoli! We call them "baby trees" and she gobbles them right up! Weird.
I am SO ready for this heat to be gone. Fall- hurry up! That's all I have for now.

No comments: