03 May 2009

DONE!

No more pencils, no more books, no more dealing with stupid NCCU!  Wait.  That doesn't rhyme.  Oh, well.
I had my exit interview for my teacher education program on Friday.  It went ok.  I passed it, anyway.  So now all I have left is some paperwork and I SHOULD be eligible to get my license!  I'm waiting for my grades to come in, but with any luck I will have made it through NCCU with a 4.0.  I may not have a teaching job next year, but, hey- at least I'm done.  
In other news, we had a decent weekend.  Randy went to Beer Fest yesterday with Grant, leaving Sherry and I to hang out with the kiddos.  Gracie was actually pretty sweet to Olivia- Grant got a cute video of G pushing O on her little ride-on toy, then hugging her- I'll link it when Sherry posts it on her blog.  It is so nice that they're closer in ability now- they can kind of interact now.
We went to pick strawberries today.  Gracie really enjoyed it!  She followed us down the rows.   We gave her a couple of strawberries to tote around- she refused to put them in the bucket, and ended up kind of squishing them, so she had juice running down her arm and her hands were all stained.  Then she figured out what they were and that she could eat them- her whole face was red!  That girl LOVES some strawberries.  It was the perfect summer photo op (we got a pic on Randy's phone, but I gotta figure out how to send it).
Another thing she really likes is veggie burgers.  We've given her the black bean ones and today we tried a savory mushroom one, and she ate it all!  Without ketchup!  (that's her newest thing- she likes ketchup on everything)  We also give her the veggie corndogs and those are good.  She's a pretty good eater, most days.  Of course, at brunch this morning she didn't eat that well, but she made up for it with breakfast and dinner, so I guess it all balances out.
That's about it for now.  Go Canes!
ETD:  Here's the pics from today:






No comments: